Jom kita belajar memasak! Dalam demam dan kurang sihat ni, aku gagahkan juga untuk memasak hari Sabtu lepas, sebab dah janji dengan kawan-kawan dan juga malam ni last day Faizal (my housemate) berada kat sini. Dia balik semula ke KL, firstly sebab dia nak nikah dan keduanya dia dapat kerja baru. So, inilah resepi yang aku dok bertungkus-lumus masak 'Mediterranean Cuisine'. Thanks to Ants dan Jan sebab jadi assistant Chef, and to Miss Cha yang jadi photographer. Jangan tanya kat mana aku belajar memasak ni semua, nanti korang tak percaya. Apa pun, banyak berjalan luas pandangan bertambah ilmu.
Left to right:
1. Appetizer. Atlantic Tuna on Ritz. Topping- tuna flakes, mayonnaise, pepper, salt, diced onion placed on Ritz salted biscuit. Garnished with red chillies and diced cucumber.
2. Green Salads -Chick peas, red kidney beans, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, green and red romaine lettuce. Dressing - Olive oil, Apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
3. Grilled Chicken in vegetables medley - Season chicken with salt, pepper, brown sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey and lemon juice. Grilled whole chicken until tender and golden brown. Vegetables Medley - Green and Red Capsicum/pepper, Portobello mushroom, celery, onion, carrot and tomatoes. Stir fried in olive oil, add chopped garlic, black pepper, chicken stock, salt and lemon juice. Spread the vegetables on top of the cooked chicken.
4. Grilled Lamb Sahara style - Lamb shoulder marinated with honey, barbeque sauce, black pepper, curry powder and salt. Brinjal/egg plant seasoned with salt and cumin powder, grilled. Boil pink mini potatoes, once tender, grill together with lamb. Add fresh basil leaves all over the lamb.
5. Couscous - brown coucous (I brought all the way from Morocco), add olive oil, butter, chicken stock and fresh tomatoes.
6. Saffron rice - rice cooked in fresh milk, add 3 tablespoon butter, cinnamon stick, star anise and clove. And also add diced orange peel/skin, saffron and corriander leaves when the rice is half cooked.
7. Potato au gratin - Grilled thick slice potatoes placed on baking bowl, add a mixture of fresh milk, butter, eggs, salt and ground pepper. Topped with cheese, baked until golden brown and fluffy.
8. Dessert. Corn Pudding with Strawberry Jelly. I prepared this in the morning before going to the market. Corn flour mixed with fresh skim milk, evaporated milk, coconut cream and sugar. Put on fire and add a can of sweet corn plus vanilla essence, stir until the mixture is thicken enough. Pour into serving dish/bowl. Leave some of the mixture and add chocolate and instant coffee powder. Stir well and decorate on top of the serving bowl. Let the pudding in the fridge before adding a layer of strawberry jelly.